After 22 hours of research evaluating 118 products, we picked MAC Lipstick as our top choice.
Quick List: 4 Best
The top four picks on our list
- Perfect way to add a pop of color
- Goes on smooth and lasts all day
- Great color selection and finish variety
- Surprisingly non-drying
- Like magic; won't crack, fade, or bleed
- Crayon lasts much longer than expected
- Soothes and hydrates lips
- Beautiful rich color
- Stays put for quite a long time
- Super affordable
- Fabulous scent
- Amazing colors
- Vibrant colors
- Insane pigmentation
- Great lasting power
- Applies smoothly and lasts forever
- Goes on creamy with a lip gloss applicator
- Dries matte without feeling too heavy
- Very comfortable on the lips
- Pure color with just the right amount of luminosity
- Luxurious and unique colors
- Smooth and highly pigmented
- Impressive staying power
- Gorgeous, weightless finish that hugs the lips
- Bright color that won't dry out lips
- So many shades to choose from
- Lasts from day to night
We at Faveable would be willing to bet that, if asked, most women would agree that there's no better way to finish off a look than with a pop of the perfect lip color. In fact, in a study conducted by Daily Mail, men came clean about the fact that they are drawn to women's lips over any other facial feature. So, that being said, why not accentuate your best feature with the best lipstick brand?
Hold up a sec:
Well, maybe you have tried to jump on board the lipstick band wagon but were entirely overwhelmed by the variety of brands, formulas, and shades of lipstick at your local drug store or make-up department. Well, sweet cheeks, you're not alone. (Whoever said variety is the spice of life clearly never spent an afternoon in the Amazon lipstick section in search of the perfect summer shade.) But, if you still haven't quite found what you're looking for, don't give up yet!
Here's the deal:
In order to make your search for the perfect lipstick easier (and a heck of a lot more fun) we've done the work for you—searching high and low, reading reviews, and testing products to bring you a comprehensive list of the best lipstick formulas out there. And to sweeten the deal, we've categorized each pick, and even included a few of the top shades for each brand, to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
What's the bottom line?
Coming in as our Best Lipstick Overall (no surprise here) is the iconic MAC Matte Lipstick. When it comes to lip products, MAC has reigned supreme for years. Add to that the fact that matte is currently (still) having a moment, and our choice was clear.
And while you won't find anything on our list to help pump up your pout, if you're in search of a lip plumper to go with your new favorite lipstick, we've got you covered there too!