After 22 hours of research evaluating 156 products, we picked Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder as our top choice.
Ever wonder why your makeup suddenly comes off right around 2pm? Well, you can blame oil for that.
According to dermatologist Leslie Baumann, everyone’s skin produces oil, some skin types naturally produce more than others, hence oily and dry skin.
Many factors influence oil production. Genetics, hormones, stress, diet, time of day and climate all contribute. The good news is, by investing in a good face powder, your makeup can (and will) last all day.
Here's what we mean:
A top-notch face powder can make foundation last for hours. The powder formula works to absorb excess oil, eliminating shine so your makeup stays put.
The best face powder can also minimize fine lines by essentially filling them in and preventing foundation from settling into the creases.
Face powder will give your skin an airbrushed, flawless look. The best ones have a smooth, lightweight finish without ever looking cakey.
These days, face powders vary from translucent to sheer finishes, loose to pressed powders and more afforable options to designer brands.
Want to know the best part?
To make your life easier, we spent hours researching hundreds of face powders for your skin. The result? A list of the 6 best face powders out there.
We've tested them all, from translucent powders to full-coverage pressed formulas. Whether you want your powder to set your foundation, bake your concealer, or mattify your t-zone. Finally, you can say goodbye to shine.
- Blurs pores and gives an airbrushed look
- Looks natural on your face
- Formulated without parabens, sulfates, fragrances, or dyes
- Mattifies right away and keeps your makeup in place all day
- Easy to take on-the-go for touch ups
- It will take away all the shine on your face
- Feels light on your face and doesn't settle into creases
- Cheaper alternative to more expensive brands
- Keeps you oil free all day long
- Leaves your skin matte and smooth but not dry
- Doesn't leave a chalky finish
- More lightweight than many other powders
- Coverage can go from sheer to full depending on the amount used
- Can be used alone or to set foundation
- Lightweight and lasts all day long
- Absorbs oil and reduces shine all day long
- This powder blends, bakes, and sets like a dream
- You get no flashback with this powder