- Instant access to rewards at the pump
- No annual fee
- Great for travelers
The interest rate for this BP Visa is the worst on our list of the best gas credit cards.
- Earn 25¢ off per gallon for every $100 you spend everywhere Visa® credit cards are accepted for the first 90 days (excluding non-BP gas stations).
- Earn 25¢ per gallon for every $100 you spend at BP.
- Earn 15¢ per gallon for every $100 you spend for eligible groceries, dining and travel.
- Earn 5¢ per gallon for every $100 you spend everywhere else Visa® credit cards are accepted (excluding non-BP gas stations).
- You can choose to redeem your Rewards in the form of a statement credit on your Card Account. Terms Apply.
Application Process: As with most credit cards, you can apply online. You also have the option to get an application from a BP gas station.
Rewards: Rewards are minimal with this cobranded gas card, but that’s the norm. That’s why most of our list features general credit cards with awesome gas rewards rather than cards specifically designed for gas station use.
You have to spend $100 before rewards kick in. When you spend $100 on gas at participating BP stations, you earn $0.25 off each gallon. Spending $100 on groceries gets you a $0.15 discount per gallon, and the same goes for restaurants and eligible travel expenses. All other qualifying purchases that exceed $100 result in a credit of $0.05 per gallon.
One thing we (and numerous cardholders) like about this BP credit card is the fact that you can redeem rewards instantly rather than waiting for BP to issue a credit on your statement. The statement credit is still an option, but many cardholders prefer to receive their rewards at the pump.
Bonus Offers: Save $0.25 per gallon every time you spend $100 with your BP credit card, whether you’re paying for gas, groceries, utilities, or something else. This offer is only good for the first 90 days you have your card.
APR: The variable interest rate is a whopping 27.99%, so pay this BP card off in full each month if you can. If you get cash from an ATM, expect to pay a cash advance fee of 5% of your withdrawal or $10, whichever is greater. There’s also a hefty 29.99% APR on cash advances, but that rate’s fairly standard with cards like this.
Annual Fee: There’s no annual fee, possibly because the card makes plenty of money off of customers by charging a high interest rate.
Cash Advance APR29.99%
Rewards RateEarn 25¢ off per gallon for every $100 you spend everywhere Visa® credit cards are accepted for the first 90 days (excluding non-BP gas stations). Earn 25¢ per gallon for every $100 you spend at BP. Earn 15¢ per gallon for every $100 you spend for eli
- Rated #5 in 6 Best Gas Credit Cards