After 18 hours of research evaluating 75 products, we picked Warbonnet Outdoors Blackbird as our top choice.
Quick List: 4 Best
The top four picks on our list
- Great value
- Light and compact
- Secure so you’ll never have to worry about falling out
- Extra-wide camping hammock
- Super soft and comfortable nylon
- Strong and durable
- Made with very thin, breathable nylon taffeta
- Comfortable enough for hanging out or sleeping
- Rolls up small
- Camping hammock great for multiple purposes
- Portable and compact
- Incredibly roomy
- Seemingly endless possibilities for customization
- Well-thought-out construction so that it's easy to get comfortable no matter how you like to sleep
- Awesome features included like the overcover and underquilt
- Epitome of comfort
- Great space for single flyers to chill out
- Lightweight and compact design
- Most durable of the double camping hammocks
- Incredibly soft and comfortable
- Higher quality construction
- Extra-large camping hammock
- Soft, breathable fabric
- High-quality fabric, stitching, and straps
- Comes chock-full of extras you didn’t know you needed (but do)
- Super stable and roomy for one person
- Guarantees a great night’s sleep
Let’s see a show of hands. Who here is excited that the weather’s finally getting nice enough to go camping? If you raised your hand, keep reading.
I obviously don’t want to put a damper on the mood, but I do want to point out some drawbacks to traditional tent camping… to which we will have very easy solutions shortly.
- All the creepy-crawlies, slithering snakes, and adorable animals you probably shouldn’t go near.
- The hard, cold ground.
- The bulky equipment you’ve got to lug around to your campsite.
Okay, so are we on the same page? Cool. Then let me suggest something a little radical that campers, hikers, and backpackers are totally falling in love with right now: camping hammocks.
That’s right. You heard me. Hammocks. Like those things you hang between trees in your backyard, only now you can take them with you on the go. Most of them are light and compact enough to easily hulk around all day. They come in different sizes. And they keep you off of the ground and away from most of the creatures that want to get at you in the middle of the night.
You might be wondering:
If it’s a camping hammock, does that mean it’s only good for short rests? How am I supposed to sleep in that thing? Well, luckily enough, there are awesome companies dedicated to creating high-quality camping hammocks that you can do a whole range of activities in (including letting your kids bounce around until they tire themselves out).
So, if you’re looking for a fun, new way to camp this year and you’ve already purchased all the other camping gear needed for your trip (like camping chairs and a camping stove), consider leveling up with one of the best camping hammocks for 2017. We’ve included something for everyone: one-person hammocks, two-person hammocks, ones with mosquito nets, waterproof ones, and even a couple that double as chairs!