- Wonderful for conditioning; softens hair nicely
- Helps with grooming and styling
- Nice licorice scent, but not overwhelmingly strong
Excellent to condition and soften facial hair, vegan-friendly and all natural, eliminates dandruff and itchiness, makes managing even thick and bushy beards easier, and features an amazingly pleasant scent.
Canister is very small, and the balm can leave a greasy film.
The Product: The ingredients in this product include:
- Virgin argan oil to promote healthy hair and skin, fight acne, and reduce split ends
- Grapeseed oil to tighten your skin, moisturize, reduce aging, and combat dandruff
- Avocado, pumpkin seed, and apricot kernel oils to infuse your skin with antioxidants and vitamins, and soften your hair
- Shea and cocoa butter to soften the hair and moisturize your skin
All of the ingredients are organic and vegan-friendly.
Be warned: DO NOT open the product immediately after receiving it. The blue note says to let it cool off, as the product will liquefy if melted. This means you have to keep it in a cool place in order to use it.
Some users have complained that it leaves a very greasy film, though this problem is solved by simply using less. The texture (sort of like wet sand) may feel weird at first, but once you work it well, it will liquefy and be easy to apply.
The primary smell of this balm is anise (black licorice), but it's not so strong as to overpower other scents. You'll find that it's a fairly pleasant smell, one that's easy to get used to as you wear the product daily.
Value: This is where this product suffers! Each tin costs $13, but they're very small. You'll get maybe 30 uses from the tin if you apply it with a stingy hand, but those who use it liberally will have to stock up regularly. Still, if you want only organic (and vegan-friendly), it's a good option for you. To find where to buy this beard oil, see our list of online stores.
- Rated #3 in 7 Best Beard Oil & Conditioner for Grooming