After 17 hours of research evaluating 250 products, we picked Osprey Atmos 65 AG Backpack as our top choice.
In honor of the AOTA's National School Backpack Awareness Day on 9/18, we at Faveable have searched high and low for the backpacks that keep comfort and convenience in mind when it comes to lugging heavy, yet necessary items around.
According to Karen Jacobs (2014), an expert on ergonomics, many people wear their backpack incorrectly which triggers unnecessary back pain and discomfort. Need some tips on wearing your backpack correctly?
Here you go:
1. Make sure your shoulder straps are nicely padded. No way! Really?
2. Balance your supplies (laptop, books, etc.) – place heavier items closer to your back. Well duh! You would look silly if you tried placing your laptop in the small, front compartment.
3. If you already have problems with your back, then opt to get a backpack on wheels. We have one just for you!
4. Do not carry a backpack with items that weigh more than 10% of your body weight. You can’t really go backpacking across Europe and go by this rule, can you?
5. If it comes with a hip belt, go ahead and strap it around your svelte waist. I know what you’re thinking, “How am I supposed to look good with a nylon strap around my waist? No, thank you!” Well, it’s not meant to be stylish. Which do you choose: pain or style? Hmmmmm….that’s a tough one.
Although these tips seem quite logical and obvious, many people don’t necessarily abide by them. So today say good-bye to horribly, troublesome backpacks and say hello to stylish, yet comfortable backpacks! Get on board with Backpack Awareness Day by checking out our top 10 backpacks for men!