After 17 hours of research evaluating 250 products, we picked TETON Sports Scout 3400 Backpack as our top choice.
At this point everyone is surely aware that backpacks can lead to back pain in children (and adults), if not made of quality material or worn properly. So, with National School Backpack Awareness Day in September, we at Faveable compiled a list of the best quality backpacks on the market. These backpacks keep comfort and convenience in mind when it comes to lugging heavy, yet necessary items around.
Check out our list for to find the best backpack for you. And, to give you a better idea of the correct way to wear a backpack, we’ve included some tips from Karen Jacobs, an expert on ergonomics, to ensure you’re not causing yourself unnecessary back pain or discomfort.
1. Make sure your shoulder straps are padded.
2. Balance your supplies (laptop, books, etc.) – place heavier items closer to your back.
3. If you already have problems with your back, then opt to get a backpack on wheels. (Hint, hint: We have just the thing for you!)
4. Do not carry a backpack with items that weigh more than 10% of your body weight.
5. If it comes with a hip belt, go ahead and strap it around your waist. Even if it isn’t the most stylish accessory, it will be worth it in the long run.
Although these tips seem quite logical and obvious, many people don’t necessarily abide by them. So today say good-bye to horribly troublesome backpacks and say hello to the best backpacks around!
Get on board with Backpack Awareness Day by checking out our list of the best backpacks below!
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.