- Working to pay off debt? Get off on the right foot with a no annual fee credit card that offers a permanently low variable APR (13.99%)
- Enjoy a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months, which includes balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
- Can double as a travel credit card, with no foreign transaction fees
Cash Advance APR13.99%
Intro APR0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening.
- Enjoy a 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable 13.99% APR will apply
- Low 13.99% variable APR on purchases and cash advances
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- International Chip and PIN
- See Rates & Fees
- Great for saving while paying off debt
- Low APR ongoing in addition to a 0% intro APR
- No balance transfer fees or foreign transaction fees
- As you can probably guess based on the makeup of this credit card, there are no exciting rewards or bonuses
- Functions first and foremost as a card to help those paying off debt, though you may not expect that it requires excellent credit in order to actually be approved
Application Process: Easy to do online.
Annual Fee: None, as with the rest of the options on this list of the best no annual fee credit cards.
APR: A nice 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months, which includes balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a 13.99% variable APR regardless of creditworthiness.
Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% variable.
Rewards: None. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of glory and excitement when building credit or fixing your finances.
Bonus Offers: Also none, see above.
The Ring™ Mastercard® is one of the most innovative credit cards on the market today. While this credit card does not offer rewards, it is one of the lowest cost credit cards out there. It includes a low APR, no balance transfer fees, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fee. If you want a simple card that just works, continue on to learn more about why the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® may be the right fit for you.
Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® review
The Ring™ credit card is a low-fee, low-interest credit card from Barclays. The card isn’t just a credit card, however. It also gets you access to the unique Ring Community with credit-related resources and a unique feedback tool to share your thoughts with the Barclays team.
If you think the Ring™ features are great, that’s because they were picked by existing cardholders. Barclays gave the Ring Community an opportunity to share feedback on new perks and options, and the result is the low-cost Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®.
The only major downside is that this card does not offer any cash back or travel rewards. If rewards are a priority for you, consider the Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard® instead. But among cards with no rewards program, the Ring™ credit card ranks among the best.
Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® rewards and perks
Instead of rewards, this credit card focuses on low costs. The biggest perks of this card include the Ring Community and low fees for all activity.
The Ring Community gives cardholders access to resources designed to help you manage your personal finances along with a place to share your ideas about the credit card. Barclays really listens to user feedback on this card and uses it to shape new and upcoming features.
Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® credit card benefits
While the card does not have many rewards, it is packed with benefits. Here’s a run down on the big benefits every cardholder enjoys:
- No annual fee - This is pretty self-explanatory. A large number of top cards have annual fees up to $550. This card… $0.
- No balance transfer fees - Some people use balance transfers to move balances to a lower interest credit card, but usually have to pay up to 5% of the balance transfer in fees. Not with this card. No balance transfer fees.
- No foreign transaction fee - Traveling to Mexico or Canada for vacation, or maybe some far-flung destination across the world? Don’t pay expensive rates to convert cash. Just use this credit card and it will convert to dollars for you at a competitive rate with no extra fee. Many cards charge 3% for foreign transactions, but not Ring™.
- Free FICO® credit score - Get your real FICO® credit score for free when logged into your online account at Barclays.
- Low interest rate - This card’s interest rate ranks among the lowest of any popular credit cards. The interest rate is 13.99% APR - a variable rate that can adjust with market rates. And you pay the same rate for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advance transactions.
Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® costs and fees
If you pay your card off in full every month, you won’t have to pay any interest. If you don’t pay it off, you will have to pay variable rate interest, currently 13.99% APR. Outside of that, there are only a couple of fees you might encounter.
While cash advances don’t charge a higher APR, they do have a fee. The cash advance fee is $3 per occurrence. You can avoid this fee by not taking out any cash advances from this credit card.
Late or returned payments cost up to $27 each. The fee varies by state. You can avoid this fee by making your payments early or on-time every month and paying from an account that has enough funds to cover the payment.
Does the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® make sense for me?
The costs and fees of the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® are so low that this card is perfect for anyone looking for any regular credit card without cash back or travel rewards. The low costs are cheaper than virtually every other credit card available today.
When used responsibly, you can’t go wrong with the Ring™ Mastercard®.