Best Overall Kitchen Gadget for Men
- Makes an incredible gift for foodies
- Protects (and makes a great stand for) tablets
- Definitely makes food prep more fun
This combination cutting board is ideal for watching cooking videos and shows while prepping dinner. The bamboo is also durable and easy to use (besides being good looking in the kitchen).
You can store knives in it, but it's really not ideal unless you can work it into your overall decor.
There are few things sexier to a woman than a man preparing a meal. Now you can show off your skills and your style while doing just that. It's so hot that the folks over at Houzz can't help themselves - and even CNET is ready to recommend this cutting board to the guys that are perhaps a little messy in the kitchen. So what are you waiting for?
What’s it used for? This awesome cutting board has a protective screen for your iPad. Follow a recipe, or just watch a movie, it all depends on why you're cooking. The removable, clear screen shield protects the iPad from chopping debris. Plus, there are eight built-in storage slots for various kitchen knives.
Is it easy to use? If you can use a cutting board, it's about as simple as that. Okay, we do need to warn you about hacking into your fingers while watching the screen during food prep - at least if you want to keep your digits. The side slots for knife storage are only really necessary if you leave this on your counter top for your kitchen tablet. But, all in all, it's as easy as you would think to use.
Dishwasher-safe? Nope, sorry. You'll need to hand-wash this baby. And, think of this as a friendly reminder not to store dirty knives in any woodblock, drawer, or anywhere else. Wash them and then put them away. Anything else makes your kitchen unsafe to work in or eat from.
Will it break the bank? Hardly. When it first came out, you would have paid a bit more for it. Now it's about as cost-effective as you can imagine. Of course you want it.
What Reviewers Say:
It's really not hard to find positive reviews for this simple gadget.
- This one is a must if you like to cook and want to keep your iPad intact. The bamboo cutting board holds the iPad very well and even comes with a stylus so you don't have to use your dirty hands to touch your screen. Very smart guys!
- Don't you just hate it when you suddenly realize you've got to chop some vegetables, but you're absolutely killing that level of candy crush that you've been stuck on for weeks? Time to say hello to your new best friend: the cutting board with an iPad stand. Now you can wield sharp objects without ever taking your eyes off of your tablet. It's perfect for those evenings when you have to get dinner on the table in a hurry, but you still haven't caught up on your Twitter feed. Horrors! Now your facebook status can include, "on my way to the emergency room, but I broke my high score record on Temple Run!!" In all seriousness, I've used this wonderful appliance quite a few times without injury, and now I don't know how I ever prepared dinner without it. It's also a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Before the bamboo cutting board with iPad stand, I could barely drag my six year old away from the television. Now she loves helping me slice potatoes, and she never has to miss a minute of Sofia the First!!