Way, way back in the day (the 19th century, to be exact), about 25% of women suffered from hysteria, a condition doctors claimed stemmed from the womb. According to historical scholar Rachel Maines, doctors felt inconvenienced at having to administer the treatment for it (i.e. a good ol’ orgasm) to their patients. It was as a result of this perceived inconvenience that Dr. George Taylor invented the steam-powered vibrator.
Luckily for us, today’s best sex toys have come a long way since the days of the steam-powered technology. There is now a huge assortment of sex toys for women that are readily available, affordable, and don’t require anything more than batteries or an AC adaptor to power them.
We at Faveable recently covered the best vibrators for women. And you know what? We thought that was a little unfair. Sure, women sometimes need extra “assistance” in the bedroom, but what about everyone else?
Enter our list of the best sex toys for women. But we didn't stop there, we also added the best sex toys for men co to complete the list.
Sex is awesome.
Sex has been awesome since this guy was put to use about 28,000 years ago, but it’s soooo much better nowadays. Whether you’re looking to tease, titillate, or push you or your partner(s) over the edge, sex toys are the way to go.
After countless hours of research, we’ve narrowed down this list of the best sex toys. We’ve got the best sex toys for men, women, couples, gay, straight, adventurous, and even those that just want to test the waters.
This list is not for the faint of heart. If you’re feeling up to the challenge though…
Sex toys aren’t for everyone—and that’s totally cool. BUT. If you’ve ever thought something was missing during your personal pleasure time or if you’re simply curious about adult toys, check out this list. You may be surprised by what you find (and enjoy)!
- Harness is comfortable and fits really well
- Soft fabric that doesn’t chafe
- Sleek-looking and can be worn under clothes or without
- Secure and comfortable cuffs
- Perfect for spicing things up with your partner
- Great value
- Great for solo play or couples
- Variety of speeds and settings
- Great starter toy for backdoor play
- Smooth and comfortable
- Pretty glass plug
- Small, discreet vibrator that resembles a tube of lipstick
- Charges via USB
- 5 different vibration settings
- Feels realistic
- Soft, smooth, and stretchy
- Easy to clean
- Soft and stretchy silicone
- Variety of ring sizes to play with
- Good amount of thickness so ring doesn’t dig or chafe
- Excellent toy for teasing and foreplay
- Can use for soft tickling or as a light whip
- Works well on its own or with other toys
- Perfect curves to pleasure either the P-spot or the G-spot
- Super durable and hard to break
- So many different ways to experience pleasure with this one toy
- Smooth and ribbed ends for different types of pleasure
- Double-ended dildo perfect for dual play or deeper penetration
- Good for beginners as well as sex toy pros