Quick List: 4 Best
The top four picks on our list
- 100% USDA-Certified Organic ingredients; Kosher, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, and non-GMO
- Excellent source of protein for vegan bodybuilders and athletes
- Chocolate flavor is creamy and delicious; tastiest vegan protein around
- Great for vegans and vegetarians who need more protein
- Organic, 100% non-GMO, and free of soy, gluten, lactose, and chemical ingredients
- Makes a suitable meal replacement, not just supplement
- Ideal for anyone who wants a plant-based protein powder
- One of the cheapest protein powders on the market
- No taste; mixes with any liquid (juice, water, soup, stew, etc.)
- The best plant-based, unprocessed protein
- Excellent nutritional profile; rich in nutrients and low in sugar and calories
- All flavors (vanilla, chocolate, etc.) are fully natural; decent taste
- Vegetarian-friendly; perfect for anyone who can't digest whey protein
- Good flavors, plus an unflavored option
- Excellent nutritional profile
- Whey in its most natural and effective form
- No added or artificial ingredients; minimally processed
- Very well-priced
- Rich, chocolate-y flavor masks most of the "protein" taste
- Filling and satisfying; great as a meal replacement or hunger-buster
- Very high quality protein
When it comes to weight loss, fat-burning, and slimming down, NOTHING beats protein powder! According to the experts, "A high protein intake boosts metabolism, reduces appetite and changes several weight-regulating hormones." Between these three things, you've got everything you need to get in shape.
Sounds awesome, right?
Of course, finding the right protein powder is easier said than done. The truth is that there are SO MANY different types of protein:
- Whey protein is fast-acting and suppresses your appetite, increases metabolism, and promotes quick recovery.
- Egg protein is lactose-free, low on carbs, and richer in vitamins than milk-based proteins.
- Soy protein is a vegetarian-friendly option that is nutrient-rich and easy on the digestive system.
These are the three most common types of protein powder, but there are many more! Now you may be wondering, how do you know which variety of protein powder is right for you? Finding the "best" protein powders is a bit like trying to find the "best" vehicle: every one of them has something awesome to offer.
Below, we've done the work of combing through thousands of protein powder reviews and hundreds of protein powders to help you determine which will work best for you. We examined the specifications of each protein powder carefully, weighing the pros and cons to ensure we selected only the best. Our research led us to Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% as being the best protein powder overall. The whey protein is easily digestible, tastes good, and offers an amazing balance of amino acids and other nutrients.
Read on to see our list of the best protein powders for you…