Quick List: 4 Best
The top four picks on our list
- An inexpensive yet high quality gaming mouse
- Ergonomic design and slip-resistant grip are perfect for long gaming sessions
- Very fast and sensitive; great for high-speed gaming
Most folks don't give a rat's derriere (pun intended) about the performance of their mouse. Gamers, on the other hand, don't have a choice but to make it a priority. Because it can literally mean the difference between a victory dance and...well...being destroyed by your opponent.
If you're still using a cheap mouse that doesn't conform to your hand or causes cramps, your mouse may very well be ergonomically-challenged. If your mouse doesn't respond lightening fast to subtle movements and scrolling, the issue is lag or poor performance.
And some of the newer models can not only solve these issues but even save your hand from gaming-related injury down the road.
Before we get to the list, a few tips from Cornell University on avoiding a mouse-related musculoskeletal injury.
- Don't throttle your mouse. Hold it gently and move it across a mousing surface.
- Mouse from your elbow; don't flick the mouse with your wrist.
- Don't use a wrist rest. Studies show they can double the pressure inside the carpal tunnel.
- Avoid restricting circulation. Any pressure to the wrist can restrict circulation and cause injury in the long run.
Now on to the recommendations.