After 25 hours of research evaluating 80 products, we picked Bumble as our top choice.
Quick List: 4 Best
The top four picks on our list
- Best dating site for sugar daddies and sugar babies
- More rigorous process than other dating apps
- Offers users more information about potential matches
- Receive one match per day
- Matches grow in quality based on how much information you provide to the app
- Simple options for interacting with other users
- Very simple and easy to use
- Works just like Bumble (with the swiping)
- Best app if you’re not sure if you want to just be friends or date
- Proximity-based dating app
- Great if you’re always out and about and want to get to know the people you cross paths with often
- Very simple and easy to use
- Super concise setup and easy to use
- Great for making all sorts of connections with others
- Connects to Facebook
- Allows for more comprehensive profile building
- Enables users to filter based on more characteristics than most dating apps
- Mixers feature is like Reddit for dating
- Versatile dating app for deeper connections as well as superficial ones
- Integrates with nearly everything: Facebook, Instagram, and your camera
- Works especially well if you want to meet people in your social circle and your neighborhood
- Best dating app for all kinds of relationships
- Women have to make the first move so it takes the pressure off of men
- Small learning curve if you've used other dating apps
Dating apps have become a major game changer in how we meet potential mates.
For instance, when surveyed back in 2005, only 43% of people said they had actually taken the step to meet one of their matches in real life. Fast forward ten years and there are now 66% of people on dating apps who have met one of their matches.
Way to go, online dating!
That's all great, but if you are not using the best dating apps you could be wasting your time. And you need to be even more picky if you are looking for the best free dating apps.
This is crazy:
Of the 54 million singles in the U.S., roughly 49 million of them have given online dating a shot. While many of them still opt for the traditional dating website platform like the Matches and eHarmonies of the world, dating apps are quickly growing in popularity.
But as more people flock to dating sites and apps, what does that do for your chances to meet someone? Well, as a man, you’re actually going to be at a slight disadvantage as you make up 52.4% of the online dating population.
That’s not to say the odds are against you, it just means that dating’s going to require a little more work.
You want have a good experience. You want it to be easy to find people who match with you. And you want good results after investing the time (and even money) to get yourself set up on a good dating app.
When quality may trump quantity:
Consumer Reports conducted their own online dating survey and found that 44% of those who tried it ended up in a serious long-term relationship or marriage. At the same time, they found that there are many users who are incredibly frustrated with the experience of using online dating.
They also found that 20% of men quit dating apps because the quality of matches sucked. That‘s why it’s so important to find a dating app that matches your needs.
Whether you want to meet your dream girl (or guy), make friends (that could potentially blossom into something more), or simply want someone to hook up with while you’re in town for business, there is a dating app right for you.
Don’t waste your time downloading a bunch of apps, filling out profiles, and waiting to see what works. We’ve got 8 of the best dating apps right here.
Thanks to online dating sites becoming more mainstream and smartphones becoming as important as wallets, dating apps have become a single dater’s best friend in recent years.
The best dating apps are less intrusive, take up less of your time, and are often free dating apps. Plus, they’re entertaining, some would argue addictive, and dramatically slash the time it takes to go from meeting a girl to going out on a first date.
Nowadays even the famous online dating sites all come with dating apps, but dating apps also launch on their own, with no connecting websites, and login is as simple as connecting your account with Facebook. These apps span from niche to mainstream and are branded as software that helps you match with and meet others, plain and simple.
You’ve likely heard of Tinder, but there are also dozens of top dating apps out there that allow you to meet girls in new, often gamified ways. If you want a new approach to finding love on your phone, here’s a list of the best dating apps and dating sites to get you started.