- Immediately justify getting a new credit card when you earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending at least $5,000 within the first 3 months of card opening
- Make it rain with bonus offers that include airline fee credits, Uber credits, and other travel perks
- Earn money from your travels with 5x membership rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com; and the same rewards rate when spending on eligible hotels
There’s no way around it—this card comes with a fairly substantial annual fee of $550. CreditDonkey speaks highly of it but warns applicants to make sure they’ll actually use the rewards before committing to the card. For most, this will be more than enough to ensure that they never add this AmEx card to their wallets. Another interesting “quirk” of this card is the fact that you don’t have to pay a monthly interest fee, but that’s only because you do have to pay your monthly balance in full each month.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
Application Process: Easy-as-pie online form.
Annual Fee: $550, which is the highest annual fee of any of the best American Express cards on this list.
APR: None, because you pay your balance in full each statement.
Rewards: Membership rewards points are redeemable as statement credit, gift cards, travel, merchandise or entertainment. Additionally, points are transferrable to major frequent flyer programs.
Bonus Offers: If you think the annual fee is a bit steep, you’ll understand how people justify it through the following cardholder bonuses:
- $200 Airline Fee Credit
- $200 Uber credits ($15 per month and $35 in December)
- Complimentary access to Centurion, International American Express, and Delta Sky Club lounge networks (over 1,000 lounges worldwide)
- $100 Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- $550 worth of complimentary benefits from Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Starwood Guest Gold membership status
- Hilton HHonors Gold Status
- Complimentary Boingo wi-fi hotspot access
Cash Advance APRn/a
Bonus OffersEarn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
Rewards Rate1 Point for Every Dollar
- Rated #5 in 5 Best American Express Cards